Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Two weeks since starting treatment

     Today it has been two weeks since I restarted cancer treatment for my stage IV prostate cancer. There’s really not much to say. I feel really good but I attribute all of that to the prednisone. My oncologist believes that for the last 10 months I had been  suffering from adrenal insufficiency. Zytiga shuts down the adrenal gland. Patients taking Zytiga supplement with prednisone. Often, patients who stop taking Zytiga find that their adrenal system never fully restarts. This was true in my case.  Once I resumed the prednisone my body was getting the steroid it needed to repair itself. 
     Prior to re-starting treatment I had received a referral to the local orthopedic clinic for the chronic pain I have been suffering in my shoulder. I had already received two Cortizone shots to try and relieve the pain. The first shot worked pretty good. It seemed  to relieve the pain for several months. The second shot lasted only a few weeks before pain returned. Two years ago  I was leaving work and slipped on a patch of wet moss. I fell hard and absorbed weight of a full body impact onto my left forearm driving my shoulder straight up. It has been problematic ever since. Friday last my shoulder was X-rayed. Next Monday I will have an MRI. I am no longer certain the MRI is necessary. Since restarting prednisone much of the pain has dissipated. There is still mild discomfort however I am not so sure the MRI will detect anything that can be repaired by arthroscopic surgery. Time will tell.
   I am finding it somewhat easier to urinate this week. I take that as a sign that treatment is once again putting cancer to sleep. Chronic diarrhea has returned since starting Lupron. Huge bummer. My libido is waning. Worse bummer! Oh well, Mandy and I have worked through this before and know how to keep intimacy alive.
   On a positive note, we broke down and purchased a hot tub last month. It arrived a week ago and we have been using it every day since. That may also have something to do with the absence of shoulder pain. 
   That is about all I have for this update. Life is good. If you have been diagnosed with late stage cancer and have not heard it from anyone else, I want you to know there is hope. A diagnosis of this disease does not mean you have been given a death sentence. Thee is hope. There is hope! THERE IS HOPE!!!!

10 comments:

  1. You have been giving us hope, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading. Are you from Portland. I am only an hour north of you. I actually go to Providence Cancer Center on Hoyt off I-84

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Todd. I was just diagnosed with very high risk prostate cancer. I am 59 years old and live in Portland OR. I just stumbled upon your blog hoping to find a fellow PC comrade to share this journey. Your thoughts and reflections are a source of comfort to me as I begin to head down this road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your information. Please accept my comments to still connect with your blog. And we can exchange backlinks if you need. What Is Prostate Cancer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to make search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady called peter Lizzy she was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate you for giving such an informative portal. Abirakast 250 mg specifically used in patients with prostate cancer,

    ReplyDelete
  7. this blog is very useful i gained many knowledgeable things. this blog guide me properly. Thanks for making this type of blog. Delhi cancer hospital

    ReplyDelete
  8. Contact Innovative Pain Solutions if you are looking forSpinal Stenosis Treatment in Orlando. You can contact us to schedule an appointment. We will help you in relieving pain.

    ReplyDelete