Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Drug withdrawal

   I am a little more than two weeks into this new chapter of my journey with advanced prostate cancer. 16 days ago was the last time I had any Zytiga. I continue to take prednisone daily. It has been a fairly smooth transition. The mild nausea I had grown accustom to is gone. It was never really bad to begin with but it was always there. So far, my adrenal system has not started up yet. I am suppose to begin weening myself off of the Prednisone but when I try I feel extremely fatigued. I will try again in another few weeks. Another positive note is that my mental cognitivity appears to be getting a little better. 
   I had an MRI on my right knee on the 13th. The results came back yesterday and it appears that orthoscopic surgery is in my future. I have what is referred to as a bucket handle meniscus tear. I googled it... I looked at some photos but that is pretty much all I know about it. I know it hurts and surgery will make the pain go away. 
   I have only been under the knife twice in my life. Once for tonsils and another time to remove a bladder stone. I love the euphoric feeling of waking up from anesthesia. Feels like I have slept for a month. 
   It appears old age is taking its toll. Both of my knees are about shot as well as my left shoulder. I have lived long enough to fall apart. It’s kind of wept but that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment