Wednesday, April 17, 2019

My five months update

    I have been off treatment for almost 5 months now. Things seem to be going fairly well but I have noticed a few issues that may or may not be related to stopping treatment.
   I’ve been struggling with mild nausea a couple times a week. I’m not really sick to the point of throwing up but I do tend to get a little bit queasy. I have started taking potassium again and that seems to help so maybe my potassium level is still just a little bit low. I don’t know how true it is but a nutritionalist told me that low potassium is usually a sign that there is something else wrong with your body. Well I took potassium almost the entire time I was on Zytiga because it can affect your potassium levels.
    Another issue I have been having has to do with a really annoying pain in my left arm. It is a subtle throbbing pain that seems to radiate from the vicinity of my elbow and perhaps a few inches both north and south of it. I have been working with a guy that practices A.R.T. And he tells me it has to do with nerve inpingement. I have to be honest, it feels remarkably similar to the bone  pain I felt prior to my initial diagnosis in 2006.
    I have not had a PSA test since January therefore I have no idea what is happening biochemically within my body. I see my oncologist May 6 and I have to have blood work done prior to that. It wouldn’t surprise me if all of these things I have been feeling end up being ghost symptoms that go away as soon as I get my PSA back. I am not nervous about the bloodwork. I usually am but not this time. Perhaps I have reached a place where it no longer matters. It will be interesting to find out how I am doing. I suppose I am more curious than anything else. 
    Before I sign off, I have a question. Have you been satisfied with the quality of care you have received since your journey began? If not, what changes could be made to better serve you as a patient?

That’s all for today, Todd

5 comments:

  1. I'm not satisfied with my Dr.'s My Urologist, arrogant, condescending and worst of all will not let me ask him questions or talk with him. A real dandy.

    My Oncologist, nice guy, doesn't hear me, he's busy with his chemo patients. In one year since I was diagnosed with PC I have had no treatment for the disease. Only treatment I've had is for kidney problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quality of care at time of diagnosis was ..shitty. i left that urologist in the dust and found Cancer Treatment Center of America, near Phoenix,. I would say their quality of care has been outstanding, more than I ever expected. 4/1/2 year in Remission because my Onc Doc approved the use and prescribed Zytiga early on.
    Great Post Todd, i also feel ghost symtoms not because I am Kasper, but wondering if something is causing it like the darn C cells. Well not to worry , my GOD and my medicine is stronger than all multiple million dormant cells! Keep the Faith Brother Keep Hope alive! Sorry to hear about your dog, We faced the same thing a few times so far.

    Dan Kasper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Todd

    Hope all is well! How was the appointment with your oncologist? What’s your PSA doing?

    All the best,

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys, Franky, Dan, Michael.
    My appointment was good. My PSA was up a few thousandths but I still have a Prostate. I am bound to have PSA l. Todd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update and the good news!

    All the best, m

    ReplyDelete