Monday, January 14, 2019

First PSA Since vacation began.

Today I will get my blood drawn for CBC, Testosterone, and PSA! It will be my first since stopping treatment 6 weeks ago. I don’t anticipate any changes but I never really know for certain. I am not nervous. I suppose I am a little curious but that is all. I should have the results by the dinner hour.
  I have been grouchy lately. I have also been short tempered and very impatient. I think part of the reason is that I am in a bit of pain due to a tear in my meniscus. I will have surgery on the 7th to correct it. Here’s to hoping for positive numbers.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I read your story on Men’s Health and I’m inspired by your story. I hope and pray that you have a very long treatment holiday,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd, read your story a few weeks ago. I'm a new guy to this dialog. Diagnosed last summer with prostate cancer and had a prostatectomy in November hoping it would be a one and done scenario. I still show PSA in my blood so meeting with a radiologist about radiation and hormone therapy. At age 53, I find it difficult to find info that seems relative to me. I'm sorry you are going through this and glad at the same time to find someone of a similar age. Thanks for sharing your experience!
    Stay strong and God bless. - Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Todd,

    Hope you're doing amazing. Would love to get an update from you soon.

    ReplyDelete