Sunday, March 3, 2019

February Update

   As the month of March begins I have been told that it is time for an update. I had an oncology appointment a couple of weeks ago and it was rather uneventful. There was no blood work as my Liver and Kidney function must no longer be monitored. I had a PSA test a couple of weeks before so my doctor did not feel that was necessary. He poked and prodded a little, listened to my lungs, and said see you in 4 months. I am not complaining. It just seems so weird. I am simply use to monthly blood draws and appointments. I am use to having my doctor talk to me about what we do next after treatment fails. This is a new chapter in the story and it is very chillax. 
   I had knee surgery 4 weeks ago. I am recovering nicely. It was not a replacement procedure, just a little orthoscopic. clean up of the meniscus. As usual, I am rushing recovery. I tried snow shoeing a couple weeks ago and spent the next to two days on the sofa with an ice pack on my knee. 



   Mandy was worried we would not be able to take the vacation we had been planning for months but everything was okay. We left for Hawaii on the 22nd and returned just last night. We had a wonderful time on the big island. Our youngest daughter was able to join us for a few days and it was nice to see her. The house has been quiet without her living at home. .
   I am beginning to notice subtle changes since going off treatment. Nothing rather shattering. My libido is still in the toilet but I have been having morning glory fairly regularly. That is so weird. My urine stream might be a little weaker. It may also be in my head. My PSA is still at an undetectable level which is nice. I won’t have another blood draw until May. It makes it extremely difficult to write a Prostate Cancer Blog when there is nothing to write about.
   It is 4:30 in the morning and I couldn’t sleep. I don’t know why but here I am sitting in my robe surrounded by cats writing this post. I am sun burned/tanned and peeling and feel fantastic. My inability to sleep must have something to do with time changes and jet lag. We went to bed pretty early Hawaiian time so I suppose that might account for my restlessness.
   Anyway, that is all I have for now. Mahalo

3 comments:

  1. Todd
    GreaT TO HEAR FROM YOU. THATS A NICE WORD CHILLAX..JUST DO JUST THAT AND ALSO KEEP THE FAITH,BROTHER..I BLAME THE CAPS ON THE CAT AROUND THE KEYBOARD AS I TYPE!!!
    DAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Todd,
    So good to hear you are doing so well. Please keep writing, your blog and your story have kept me going since my beautiful husband was diagnosed in December. I’ve been so frightened and sad and you have helped me find hope. I wish you all the very best and thank you again. Best wishes, Sarah

    ReplyDelete