Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 5

I awoke to the warm trade winds and the aroma of tropical flowers and freshly mowed grass. Mandy was awake and drinking coffee on the lanai. It is day 5 of our first ever trip to the Aloha State. Today like each day before were awakened by the groundskeeper mowing the green outside our door. Between the mowing and the chickens, sleeping in is impossible. I dont mind. I love this place. I don't want to miss a moment of our time here. 
I never desired to visit Hawaii. This trip was for Mandy and Michaela. In my ignorance I touted the virtues of the Caribbean. I was mistaken. Hawaii is paradise. Stepping off of plane I could feel he difference. It is hard to explain but even mixed with the overpowing fumes of jet fuel, the air smelled happy. As we left Lihue heading south toward Poipu, layer after layer stress began to melt away, There is something about driving 35 miles an hour through tropical mountains and along pristine coastlines that can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment