Saturday, May 16, 2015

Looking to the future

 The future!. If you have been told there isn't one then it is not something you spend a lot of time thinking about. I remember when I was told I only had a year left. Saving for retirement didn't seem to make too much sense. I stopped contributing to my 401k and in fact, I withdrew everything that was in there to buy a home for Mandy and I.  
   After 9 years dealing with this disease it appears that I have a future. Lately I have begun to wonder what that future is going to look like. I am on the cutting edge in terms of how this disease is treated. Many of the drugs I am taking have not been around long enough to have statistics regarding their long term use. I worry that one day my liver will die or my bones will begin to shatter. 
  I have no choice but to ride it out and hope for the best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment