Friday, July 5, 2013

Go Fourth.... Happy Independence Day

 I just wanted to share some pics from last night. We had such an amazing time playing for a crowd of over 10,000 people. We shared the stage with guest friends and family. It was so much fun. In my next life I want to be a rockstar. My band (BairdCreek) started playing together 15 years ago. At the time, the core of the group was my brother on bass and my dad on acoustic guitar with me playing lead guitar and most of the lead vocals. My dad is now 71 and has not played for about 5 years. Last night he shared the stage with us for half an hour. :-)
 It was truly a blessing to have dad play with us again.  I have come to miss him telling me that my amplifier is too loud and we need to play more old school country. We also shared the stage with a good friend who depicts Brett Michaels in a Poison tribute band. He came up on stage to sing Every Rose Has It's Thorn and Talk Dirty To Me dressed in full glam attire. The crowd loved him. He would say "and why wouldn't they"
 With the exception of the first song, (my brothers bass was out of tune) the music was really good. I don't remember tanking any song and the opening band was awestruck.
   If you came to this blog through a search engine I welcome you. You will not find a lot about Prostate Cancer treatments or side effects or anything else for that matter. I will occasionally write about test results or when I start a new treatment but for the most part I will be writing about the important aspect. LIVING!!
I am way too young to stop living out loud just because I had the luck of getting cancer. You will notice I didn't say bad luck. Getting prostate cancer in some ways was the worst thing that ever happened to me and in some ways it was the best. It is all a matter of perspective. My glass is not half full nor is it half empty. My glass is filled to the top and overflowing. I am not an optimist.... I have faith.

I turn 50 this year. I think it is going to be a banner year. Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment