Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lupron fog

I have been on and off (mostly on)  hormone therapy for over seven years. I have tolerated the many side effects fairly well and consider hot flashes and my newfound love of chick flicks the new normal. When my chest began turning to breast I had them radiated. When I started gaining weight I exercized. I fight loss of libido and e.d. with trimix and patients.  When I have an unexplained urge to shoe shop I indulge myself. Lupron fog has never been an issue until yesterday. Okay, I admit I have been a tad absentabsent minded but just yesterday I realized that I am a month late for my lupron shot. A month!!! Wow!!
    I realize that at times I choose to pretend that I don't have cancer and I acknowledge the fact that the ostrich mentallity for the most part is not beneficial in my fight but I cannot stress enough that it is needed to maintain my sanity. Still, an entire month without medication cannot be good for my overall prognosis.
I was going to write more but I forgot what I was going to say. I guess I will get a dose of Lupron tomorrow. Todd

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I love fog - especially when the coastal fog starts flowing over the mountain looking like giant cotton balls rolling down.

    ReplyDelete