Thursday, May 30, 2013

Last night I slept like a baby. It didn't matter that I didn't know the results of my P.S.A. test. It only mattered that I had it drawn
   I had to call three times to get a hold of anyone to give me the results and when the receptionist had to transfer me to an R.N. I knew it was up but how far up? I was on pins and needles waiting. Finally she came on the line and told me it was 9.55. That is up from 6.86 but not up too much. I am happy. What does it mean? Well it means that it took 4 months for the number to rise 40%. Last year my P.S.A. was doubling every 6 weeks. It means that the Provenge is working. I am going to stop taking my daily Casodex today. It may very well be the reason for my rise in PSA.
   Some people might think this is bad news. It most definitely is not bad news. My PSA started at over 3200 7 years ago. 9.55 with a plan of action is nothing more than a bump in the road.
   My grandpa was diagnosed with PCa. in his early 60's. He lived to be 91 and died of something else. He was a wonderful man. He and my grandma were married 60+ years. I miss them both. Grandma passed away of lung cancer at the age of 89. She had quit smoking in her early 50's. I asked what caused grammas cancer and the doc said smoking. Wow!!!
   I am going to log off for tonight. I am tired and I need to shower. I hope you are enjoying this. Please leave a comment if you want. I would love to hear your opinions. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment